Monday, March 23, 2009

Misses for missus





Wrong signal will lead to wrong interpretation.






My attention has been grabbed by a sub-headline of a newspaper article.

It reads, "My misses found a sticker on our post box the other day and even after much scraping, couldn't get all of it off."

I have been attracted to it not because it conveys something interesting but because I have not been able to understand initially what it is trying to tell its readers.

On second thought, I believe I have the correct story which is hidden by a typographical error.

To verify, I have read the whole article which eventually confirms my assumption that the sub-headline should have been, "My missus found a sticker on our post box the other day and even after much scraping, couldn't get all of it off."

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.
-- Anonymous

No comments:

Google